COVID-19 Pandemic Update
Dear Valued Clients,
We at the Animal Hospital of Pataskala want you to know that our patients, owners, and staff mean the world to us. In light of the current health crisis facing America, we pledge to constantly evaluate the risks associated with the treatment and care of your beloved pets. Currently we have no plans to close or limit our hours, however these unprecedented times call for additional precautions to protect our clients and staff from the increasing threat of COVID-19.
- Like other businesses, we are increasing our awareness and cleaning routines as suggested by health care professionals. We are stressing the importance of hand washing, disinfecting work and public areas several times a day, and wiping down surfaces in exam rooms after every appointment.
- We have asked our staff to stay at home if they show signs of any illness.
- To provide social distancing, we are encouraging you to call ahead and prepay for needed medications and supplies. Those medications can then be delivered to your car in the parking lot by a staff member. All medications need to be picked up during business hours.
- As for appointments, when you arrive, please stay in your car and text this number 740-217-4448 or call our hospital 740-927-0196 to let us know you are in the parking lot. One of our staff will come to your car to assist you. At this time, our waiting room is closed and we will be instituting “curbside service.” One of our trained staff will bring your pet inside for its examination. During this time, we ask that you remain in your car for the duration of your appointment. We will be happy to have you on speaker phone during the time your pet is in the exam room or at the conclusion of your pet’s examination one of our doctors will call you or come to your car to discuss a treatment plan. Also, all routine surgeries such as spays and neuters are being postponed until further notice.
We hope these precautions will help to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible, however we also need help from YOU!
- If you have an appointment, but feel ill, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- If you feel your pet’s need is urgent and you feel ill, CALL FIRST. If we determine your pet needs to be seen, an appointment will be scheduled. Upon arrival, STAY IN YOUR CAR, call the front desk, and a staff member will come out and bring your pet inside while you wait in the car. We would be happy to call you while we perform your pet’s physical exam.
- We love our pets like family, however during this crisis, REFRAIN FROM KISSING YOUR PET. While there have been no reported cases or COVID-19 in pets, they can still carry the virus from one person to another – including our staff.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important information. We will continue communications through e-mails, our website, and Facebook posts.
Dr. Tammy Hickin
DVM, owner of Animal Hospital of Pataskala